Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Adding row to an existing table

Hello

I want to add a few rows to a table that contains abour 70 rows of data. This report is based of  a power pivot model that I imported into Power Bi so I cannot update the source

I want to learn how to add new rows because I anticipate similar request in future where users want to update some records which were previously on spreadsheets

I added this 

#"Insert Row" = Table.InsertRows(#"Replaced Value3" = {[Client_Code= "dataA", Account Name = "dataB", Category = "dataC", Account Executive="xx"]})

I get this error

error 515.jpg

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @svishwanathan,

I believe that the best solution is to get the information on an excel file / CSV File / Excel Table and then add it to your model making a append to your current data.

In the below example I'm making it on a separate query and then appending it but you can also change the query in order to do all the source and append on a single query.

append.gif

Model was taken out from an import form a power pivot on excel.

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.