Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding new column into dashboard table

Hi,

I tried going through the forum to see if my question has been asked before and can't quite find what I am looking for. 

I'm looking to include a variance $ and variance % column into the table below:

Image.JPG

For the financials each month, I want to see the Actual and Forecast data next to each other to see how things are tracking moving forward (as above).

I also want to see for each month the Variance $ amount and Variance % between the actuals and forecasts for that particular amount. The image above shows where I would like these variance columns to be included - at the end of the monthly columns (where the red arrow is pointing down).

My source data looks something like this (the period is referencing the specific month of the year e.g. 2019007 = Jan 2019):

Image 2.jpg

Table has been created like this:

Image 3.JPG

(^Values = Local Amount)

What would be the best way to do this?

Thank you to anyone who can help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that you create a matrix visual.

I have a little confused about your requirement.

Do you have problems for calculating the variance $ and variance % column? Or you have problems for that you don't know how to get your desired output?

If it is convenient, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario and your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry (@v-piga-msft),

Below is a link to the dummy Power Bi file. Let me know if this works for you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkPFTWzzwXBzhIpsEdXvOymtHgNoOw

I'm ok with creating the variance $/% measures (I think), but I'm just unsure how to add these into my table to get the visual I want.

I would like the data in the table to sit as follows for each month:

Month 1

Actual  |  Forecast  |  Variance $  |  Variance %

Please let me know what might be the best way to do this.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Aleksa

Hi @Anonymous ,

Really sorry for the delay.

It seems that the file you shared has expired. If it is convenient, could you share it again and I will check it as soon as possible.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.