Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tgjones43
Helper IV
Helper IV

Adding measure to a table - slicers ignored

When I add a measure to a table, the slicers that were applied to that table are ignored. I assume this is because there is always a value in the measure, as related to this forum post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/New-Measure-prevents-Slicer-from-working/td-p/470557, but I can't work out the formula I need.

The formaula I have is as follows. So it is looking at columns in 2 related tables. I am also not sure if SELECTEDVALUE is the right code to use here.

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('TABLE2'[Width])<5,INT(((SELECTEDVALUE('TABLE1'[Age1]))/0.5395)+0.5),INT(((SELECTEDVALUE('TABLE1'[Age1]))/0.5106)+0.5))

Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tgjones43 ,

Take try of this one:

Measure = var a = MAX('Observations'[Age1])/0.5395
var b = MAX('Observations'[Age1])/0.5106
Return
IF(MAX('Observation Attributes'[Width])<5&&NOT(ISBLANK(a)),INT(a+0.5),IF(MAX('Observation Attributes'[Width])>=5&&NOT(ISBLANK(b)),INT(b+0.5),BLANK()))

10.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tgjones43 ,

Could you please share your dummy pbix? what would be easier for us to provide the valuable advice.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Please find the link to a simplified pbix file below. In creating this file I realise the issue is with the +0.5 in the measure. Remove this and the measure works fine in the table. So I just need some different code to deal with this.

Basically what the measure is doing is applying a slightly different calculation to the values in [Age1] depending on whether the value in [Width] is greater or less than 5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pnmaz3c5rmdrtt/SlicerMeasureExample.pbix?dl=0

Hi @tgjones43 ,

Take try of this one:

Measure = var a = MAX('Observations'[Age1])/0.5395
var b = MAX('Observations'[Age1])/0.5106
Return
IF(MAX('Observation Attributes'[Width])<5&&NOT(ISBLANK(a)),INT(a+0.5),IF(MAX('Observation Attributes'[Width])>=5&&NOT(ISBLANK(b)),INT(b+0.5),BLANK()))

10.PNG

quickly.

Thank you @v-diye-msft How can I get the measure to display 0 rather than be blank when there is no value in [Age1]?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.