Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

warnera
Helper I
Helper I

Adding 'intervention markers' on cumulative total line chart

Hey all, I am attempting to integrate a visual into my current run chart which is running total cumulative data (actual) vs a set number running total goal. Id like to be able to show site specific interventions that may impact the actual data. It doesnt need to be anything super fancy...even if it is just a text field? I just need it to be able to be filters by site (BMH, BBC, BLH, BSH). Any tips would help. I have a dedicated date and locations table built

Thanks!

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @warnera 

Based on my understanding, "add marker on a line chart" feature may not satisfy your requirement.

Do you want to filter by site, then the "GAP" line will change to show value only according to the seletced site( eg. BMH)?

Could you show an example data for me to find a workaround?

For example, does your data look like this?

date interventions GAP
1/1/2018 BMH 1
1/1/2018 BBC 2
1/1/2018 BLH 3
1/1/2018 BSH 4

Best Regards

Maggie

Maggie, thanks for replying. Sorry for my delay. Here is what my data set looks like currently. I have tried using this method. But because the way I have my trend lines set up, I am using continuous data on my x-axis and not categorical. When using that method, it creates a solid line between the two dates vs the 'dots' to annoate a speicifc date. 

But you are correct, my goal is to have a specific intervenion show up on the graph (i dont care if it is on the GAP or Goal trend line at this point). The main goal is to have it only show at the site in which it applies...and ideally have them all show when all four sites are selected.

Thanks!

image.png

Hi @warnera 

Do you add columns in the visual like this?

16.png

Would you like to calcuate the total gap value for a selected location?

Then show it as a marker on the "gap" line on the visual?

Does the location slicer should change the lines already in the line chart or only reflect the 'intervention markers'?

Best Regards

Maggie

Correct, this is what I have set up

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.