cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Adding expenses year to date with remaining months forecast

Hi,

- I have a measure called [Total Expenses] which I usually view the year to date monthly by filtering all of the months that have happened so far.

- I have a second measure called [3 Year Average] which shows the expense average of the previous 3 years 

- I am looking to create a measure that will forecast the end of year totals by adding all expeneses to the current month with the 3 year average of the remaining month. Can anyone help me with this?

Capture1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Adding expenses year to date with remaining months forecast

See if my Time Intelligence the Hard Way provides a different way of accomplishing what you are going for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Time-Intelligence-quot-The-Hard-Way-quot-TIT...

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion. I did look, this isnt exactly what I was hoping for but appreciate the ideas.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Winz08,

I'm a little confused about your scenario.

If it is convenient, could you share your data sample as table and your desired output so that we can help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-piga-msft,

I am not sure what more I can add then the table I already pasted. I have those two coloums and they link to a date table that recognizes the monthincalander (from 1-12). I am just looking for a formula that will take all of the months with expeneses populated and add them together (in this case 9 months) and in the months without expenses yet (oct,nov,dec) I want to add the 3 year average coloum for these months to get an overall projected end of year number [total expeneses] for all months todate + [3 year average] for remaining months left

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors