Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sathish_kumar1
Frequent Visitor

Adding email groups in power bi security

HI Guys 

I am new to power bi, I developed a report and assigned RLS roles to each users in the company through "MANAGE ROLES" in power bi desktop and then i published the report in Power bi service.

Then i went to the datasets - Security to add the users in the group but since my company has around 150 users across india i cannot add all the users in the list.

So i created an email group with the help of IT team and added all the 150 users in the group.

Then i asked the administrator to add the group in the Azure active Directory from Microsoft 365

Now when i add the group in the security and checked the report through apps i cannot able to view it as the content is restricted.

Is the steps correct or someone please provide the details of how to do it, as i am completely stuck here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sathish_kumar1 
You first define the RLS role in Desktop and manage RLS in Service, please refer to the tutorial, and there are limitations with RLS.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-rls#:~:text=Row-level%20security%20%28....

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sathish_kumar1 
You first define the RLS role in Desktop and manage RLS in Service, please refer to the tutorial, and there are limitations with RLS.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-rls#:~:text=Row-level%20security%20%28....

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.