cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PdW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Adding date in combination with outlook

Hi All,

I have connected BI to my outlook and every day it's now uploading my data files from a specific folder in Outlook.

The filename itself and the data within this file have no date. I would like BI with every daily update to add a column with the date from the new upload, so every daily upload has his own date in Power BI. Does anyone know if this is possible? Please let me know if you have any questions or you need some more clarification.

Thanks,

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding date in combination with outlook

hi, @PdW 

If you want to add current date column when refreshing (during importing the data file), It is Infeasible in power bi for now.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PdW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I just learned that I can add a Timestamp during importing the data fil, can anyone tell me how?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @PdW 

You could refer this two blog:

https://www.kasperonbi.com/show-the-refresh-datetime-in-a-power-bi-report-and-dashboard/

https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2016/06/08/display-last-refreshed-date-in-power-bi/

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PdW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but this is not adding a time stamp to my data set, it just shows when the data last has been refreshed

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @PdW 

If you want to add current date column when refreshing (during importing the data file), It is Infeasible in power bi for now.

Regards,

Lin

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 453 members 4,689 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: