Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding data from Sharepoint ends with Error

Hi, I need a help with adding excel files from Sharepoint to PBI. I have sucessfully chosen desired file from a list on the sharepoint but then I am getting transformation error:

An error occurred in the ‘Transform File’ query. Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.

Details:

Key=

Item=status change

Kind=Sheet

Table=[Table]

In Advance data editor I have these steps which were automatically created by PBI during load:

let
Source = SharePoint.Files("https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/Report/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File", each #"Transform File"([Content])),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name", "Transform File"}),
#"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File")))
in
#"Expanded Table Column1"

Please any idea how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for answers. the problem was solved by selecting Sample parameters instead of Spreadsheet as adviced in the guide https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/combining-excel-files-hosted-on-a-sharepoint-folder/1d53c839-6492-474c-ba35-4fd41ec3c895.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

In one or more of your excel workbooks, the tab is not called "status change" (probably says "Sheet1").  You can either fix the excel file(s) ...

or set up a relative reference in the Example File query in place of the row causing the error (the one with Item = status change.  For example, if this is the only Sheet in the workbooks, you can filter to Kind = Sheet and then use #"Filtered Rows"{0}[Content] to get the content from the first row of the previous row (no matter what the worksheet is called).  This assumes you do the last step was #"Filtered Rows".

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for answers. the problem was solved by selecting Sample parameters instead of Spreadsheet as adviced in the guide https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/combining-excel-files-hosted-on-a-sharepoint-folder/1d53c839-6492-474c-ba35-4fd41ec3c895.jpg

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members could easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Seems like you have a query in which a row is selected based on a key value 'status change 'and that value does not exist.

To fix it make sure the key value exist or adjust the code so it does not point to a non-existing key value.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.