cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rtdc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Adding column from different table to fact table while using a measure isn't working properly

Hi there,  I'm new to power BI and I am having an issue when adding a column to a table linked my fact table while my caculated measure is being used. The measure works fine until I do this, and using this linked tables works fine until I use the measure.  I've searched around the last few days trying to solve it myself and trying to find a solution but am unable to find anything. Does anyone have a solution or can they point me in the right direction? 

edit:  The values that read "PId" should be PersonId and are not a PK. Person 1 and 2 are views if that helps.

The Dax Query is

Max Rank = VAR inMax =CALCULATE(MIN(MFact[Rank]), ALLEXCEPT((MFact),MFact[MId] ))

RETURN
IF(inMax= CALCULATE(MIN(MFact[Rank])),1,0 )

Thanks

WorkingMeasure.PNGIt works when just using columns from MFactnotworking.PNGIt doesn't work properly when I add a column from "Person1" or "Person2"Mfact.pngperson2.pngperson1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding column from different table to fact table while using a measure isn't working properly

@rtdc 

You may Use performance analyzer in Power BI Desktop to check query and take a look at SUMMARIZECOLUMNS.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rtdc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Adding column from different table to fact table while using a measure isn't working properly

I just realised my DAX Query wasn't added to the post. I had to mask a lot of these tables.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@rtdc 

You may Use performance analyzer in Power BI Desktop to check query and take a look at SUMMARIZECOLUMNS.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)