Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JetMax
Frequent Visitor

Adding an animation/gif to a gauge when the target is reached

Hi!

I am using a Gauge to track our daily sales and was wanting to see if there is a way to get power bi to do some type of animation when the target is reached. For example if it gets to $3m it will do something special.

2020-01-08_0942.png

Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @JetMax ,

Unless, it is a feature of a visual itself,  I do not think it is possible. Have you tried using a table/matrix or as a container of an image? For the image to work, you must set the data categeory of a measure as ImageUrl.  Here's a sample report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hiaVM5rXvN94GYJxWNBC2cBi99twvOkP/view?usp=sharing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @danextian 

Thanks for your reply, I'm just a little unsure what you mean. Is it not possbile to add an animation via a gauge visual but it is possbile via a table/matrix? Do you have any examples of how to do this?

Thanks!

The animation in a table/matrix visual is not acutally an animation of the the visual itself rather an image field is added to it. In the image below, Year, Month and Image fields are added where Image has a data category of ImageUrl. Once a measure/colum is categorized as ImageUrl, Power BI will display it as an image instead of a text or whatever the result of a measure is. However, I do not think that gauge visual has such feature. 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/New-Table-visual-problem-with-image-URL/td-p/208840https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/New-Table-visual-problem-with-image-URL/td-p/208840
Please check on the sample report I posted. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.