Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dwel0120
Helper III
Helper III

Adding an ALL to the legend bar graph

I am creating a bar chart that shows the percentages of each response category. I want to look at Fall and Spring separately but I also want to add an ALL along with the Fall and Spring. My screenshot is the first image and my goal is the second image. 

dwel0120_0-1634742454691.png

dwel0120_1-1634742555499.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dwel0120 I hope attached is what you are looking for?

Follow us on LinkedIn

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dwel0120 it is not letting me download the file, asking for request access. Can you share it to public?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@dwel0120 I hope attached is what you are looking for?

Follow us on LinkedIn

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

@parry2k One more question on this.

Sometimes I don't have a spring survey, so I don't need the "all" data to show up. How would I make it to where if I dont have spring then don't show all because it is the exact same data.

dwel0120_0-1635445655985.png

This works perfectly! Thank you so much for all of your help. 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dwel0120 not sure why. can you share pbix file with sample data, remove sensitive information before sharing, you can share using one drive/google drive. Cannot tell anything without looking at the data.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dwel0120 did you check my sample file, use that TREATAS function in your % measure:

%Response =
CALCULATE (
DIVIDE (
COUNTA('Table1'[Response]),
CALCULATE ( COUNTA('Table1'[Response]), ALL('Table1'[Response]) )
), 

<<here goes the treatas logic>>
)

Follow us on LinkedIn

@parry2k   I received an error with the below formula

Response% = CALCULATE (
DIVIDE (
COUNTA([Response]),
CALCULATE ( COUNTA([Response]), ALL('Table1'[Response] )
),
TREATAS ( VALUES ( Season[SurveySeason] ), 'Table1'[SurveySeason] )
)
)

Feedback Type:

Error Message:
MdxScript(Model) (14, 1) Calculation error in measure 'Table1'[Response%]: The alternate result to return on divide by zero cases must be a constant numeric value.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Check out these similar posts:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Grand-Total-in-Bar-Chart/m-p/612631

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-get-a-quot-Total-column-quot-in-the-clustered-column...

Your question is similar but would use the column containing "All" in the legend field rather than the x-axis.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dwel0120 see attached for reference, tweak it as you see fit.

parry2k_0-1634743354568.png

Follow us on LinkedIn

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dwel0120 you need to create a dimension table for Survey Season with 3 rows and it will be an independent table, it will have 3 rows Fall, Spring and All, and then in DAX measure use this new table to get the logic working.

Follow us on LinkedIn

@parry2k My percentages are off now. What do you mean by in the dax measure use the new table. Here is my dax measure to get percetages. 

%Response =
DIVIDE (
COUNTA('Table1'[Response]),
CALCULATE ( COUNTA('Table1'[Response]), ALL('Table1'[Response]) )
)

dwel0120_0-1634746491821.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.