Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ansicone
Advocate II
Advocate II

Adding a row manually to manually created table

Dear all

I seem to struggle adding a new row to a table i've created via "Enter Data" under "New Query" section on the "Query Editor" form. Only time i was able to add new rows (along with columns and values) when while on the "Create Table" form - but once clicked OK i see no option to add additional row. I can add new columns but not rows, and since this was created manually and there is no outside source i find it frustrating! Can you advise if this is by design or is it just me not comprehending it fully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HL68

Thank you from 2023

lschwemmin

Visiting in 2022 to find this answer 😅  Thank you!

....and I'm here for the same answer at the back end of 2023!!

2024 reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

New user to Power BI and thought i was being stupid. Dont think i would have ever of found that.  Thank you for the solution. 🙂

wulingmountain
Frequent Visitor

Brilliant, thanks

arelf27
Helper II
Helper II

LOL. Googling too since for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do this... Now I'll know. Thanks for having this thread!

efglynn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

The user interface is quite bad here.  When opening/re-opening a manually entered dataset, one should immediately see an Excel-like interface.  I shouldn't have to Google to find out how to add a new row to a manually created PowerBI dataset.  The "Solution" here should be tagged a "Workaround" until this is fixed correctly.

I agree!  For all the capabilities in PBI, it should be very intuitive to add additional rows to an already existing table either source from a database or manually created.

Ansicone
Advocate II
Advocate II

Wow, not very intuitive at all - i was expecting something like right click on the table - edit table or something, but as you pointed it out it now actually makes sense to be there too... Anyway, thank you!

jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

Thanks - from 7 years & 5 days later!! 😀

Thank you! this is what I m looking for my solution. 

WOW! He's right, ... not very intuitive. When developing any interface, when confronted with confusing the users or adding one more item to a right-click menu, I would opt for the extra menu item all day long.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.