cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ansicone Advocate II
Advocate II

Adding a row manually to manually created table

Dear all

I seem to struggle adding a new row to a table i've created via "Enter Data" under "New Query" section on the "Query Editor" form. Only time i was able to add new rows (along with columns and values) when while on the "Create Table" form - but once clicked OK i see no option to add additional row. I can add new columns but not rows, and since this was created manually and there is no outside source i find it frustrating! Can you advise if this is by design or is it just me not comprehending it fully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jahida Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Adding a row manually to manually created table

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
jahida Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

View solution in original post

Ansicone Advocate II
Advocate II

Wow, not very intuitive at all - i was expecting something like right click on the table - edit table or something, but as you pointed it out it now actually makes sense to be there too... Anyway, thank you!

efglynn Advocate III
Advocate III

The user interface is quite bad here.  When opening/re-opening a manually entered dataset, one should immediately see an Excel-like interface.  I shouldn't have to Google to find out how to add a new row to a manually created PowerBI dataset.  The "Solution" here should be tagged a "Workaround" until this is fixed correctly.

qa4432
Frequent Visitor

I agree!  For all the capabilities in PBI, it should be very intuitive to add additional rows to an already existing table either source from a database or manually created.

arelf27 Helper II
Helper II

LOL. Googling too since for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do this... Now I'll know. Thanks for having this thread!

GregHart

WOW! He's right, ... not very intuitive. When developing any interface, when confronted with confusing the users or adding one more item to a right-click menu, I would opt for the extra menu item all day long.

aktec4
Regular Visitor

Thank you! this is what I m looking for my solution. 

wulingmountain
Frequent Visitor

Brilliant, thanks

StevenByrne
Frequent Visitor

New user to Power BI and thought i was being stupid. Dont think i would have ever of found that.  Thank you for the solution. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors