Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Adding a row manually to manually created table

[ Edited ]

Dear all

I seem to struggle adding a new row to a table i've created via "Enter Data" under "New Query" section on the "Query Editor" form. Only time i was able to add new rows (along with columns and values) when while on the "Create Table" form - but once clicked OK i see no option to add additional row. I can add new columns but not rows, and since this was created manually and there is no outside source i find it frustrating! Can you advise if this is by design or is it just me not comprehending it fully?

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: Adding a row manually to manually created table

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

To add rows to a manually entered table, click on the gear beside the step named Source:

Capture.PNG

That should open up the menu you're looking for. Not very intuitive but gets the job done.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Wow, not very intuitive at all - i was expecting something like right click on the table - edit table or something, but as you pointed it out it now actually makes sense to be there too... Anyway, thank you!

Regular Visitor

The user interface is quite bad here.  When opening/re-opening a manually entered dataset, one should immediately see an Excel-like interface.  I shouldn't have to Google to find out how to add a new row to a manually created PowerBI dataset.  The "Solution" here should be tagged a "Workaround" until this is fixed correctly.

Frequent Visitor

I agree!  For all the capabilities in PBI, it should be very intuitive to add additional rows to an already existing table either source from a database or manually created.

Regular Visitor

LOL. Googling too since for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to do this... Now I'll know. Thanks for having this thread!

WOW! He's right, ... not very intuitive. When developing any interface, when confronted with confusing the users or adding one more item to a right-click menu, I would opt for the extra menu item all day long.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! this is what I m looking for my solution.