Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cho
Helper I
Helper I

Adding a new bookmark changes the previous one and buttons do not work

Hi experts! I am new to adding bookmarks and buttons in PowerBI.

I want to add bookmarks and buttons on the same page of my report.

I followed the steps:

1. Select the visuals from selected page> add bookmark> untick data, current page and all visuals> update
  2. Select the visuals for secod bookmark> followed the same steps as above.

But when I add the second bookmark, first bookmark also changes to the second one and finally there is no difference in two bookmarks.

Then I tried to add a button (using a blank one) and added action> bookmark> and selected the bookmark. But after that when I click on the button it does not change the view.

Appreciate your help! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cho ,

Not sure if this can help but you must be sure of that you always select the visuals on both bookmarks, This means for example if you have 4 visuals and in one you want to present 2 and on another the other 2.

In this case select the 4 visuals hide the two you want and (create) update your bookmark, then select once again the 4 visuals change hide the ones you need and show the others and do the other bookmark.

I know that this is not very intuitive, and frustrating but you should must be carefull with the selections and when you create/update the bookmarks.

If you need further assistance please tell me or feel free to send private messsage.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @cho ,

The bookmarks sometimes can be very patiente consuming.

What are you doing on the bookmarks? Hiding visualizations? What do you want to achieve?

Regards

Miguel Félix

First I need to add two bookmarks. Then I need to add a button to switch between these bookmarks on the same page.

1. I hid some visuals on the page and added the first bookmark. Changed the settings> update
  2. Then I hid visuals for the second bookmark and added the bookmark again. Changed the settings> update.

But when I add the second bookmark, first bookmark also changes for the second. I really can't understand why. When I add the button, it does not work. I tried to check this after publishing to a test workspace. But still when I click on the button, nothing happens. And it is published with the visuals for second bookmark. I followed few tutorials on bookmarks and buttons, but although I followed the same steps this happens. Appreciate your time and support.

Hi @cho ,

Not sure if this can help but you must be sure of that you always select the visuals on both bookmarks, This means for example if you have 4 visuals and in one you want to present 2 and on another the other 2.

In this case select the 4 visuals hide the two you want and (create) update your bookmark, then select once again the 4 visuals change hide the ones you need and show the others and do the other bookmark.

I know that this is not very intuitive, and frustrating but you should must be carefull with the selections and when you create/update the bookmarks.

If you need further assistance please tell me or feel free to send private messsage.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Wow. Is this a new feature of bookmarks? I don't remember having to select the set of visuals first, before hide/unhiding and then updating, previously. Your comment saved me today.

Hi @veronica_zappp ,

This is not a new feature, however depending on the way you want the bookmark to work you need to do that, otherwise you can have several issues onyour bookmarks.

Glad that you were abble to solve your issue using this post.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.