Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Adding a measure to the tooltip for a Map visual stops the Funnel filters working??

Hi all

I currently have a map visual, which shows the location of various buildings we look after based on their Postcode as the location. I also have a Funnel visual to filter on engineer, for which engineer looks after the building:

Map using a tooltip measureMap using a tooltip measureMap without a tooltip measureMap without a tooltip measure

The first map visual shows what happens when I filter for engineer APhi using a map with the tooltip measure (measure calc shown at the top). The map visual does not filter its location data based on the selection of engineer APhi

The second map visual is NOT using the tooltip measure. When I filter for engineer APhi, the location data on the map is also filtered to only show locations looked after by APhi.

Is it possible to filter by engineer, using the tooltip measure for the Map visual, and have the map location data get filtered too? I tried using a Slicer visual instead of the Funnel visual for the engineer selection, but this does not work either when I use the tooltip measure

Map using a tooltip measure with no Engineer filter appliedMap using a tooltip measure with no Engineer filter appliedMap using a tooltip measure with Engineer filter appliedMap using a tooltip measure with Engineer filter appliedI am guessing the tooltip measure is not quite right and maybe needs to be written differently. This is because when I use the tooltip measure with the Map visual, the tooltip shows the Site Name as long as the location data is not being filtered by engineer (see the third image).

As soon as I filter by engineer the tooltip stops showing the Site Name (see the fourth image)

My tooltip measure is currently as follows:

Site-Name = 
 VAR ItemCount = DISTINCTCOUNT(ANSAContractLifts[SiteName])
 RETURN
 IF(ItemCount >= 3,
 CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(TOPN(3,VALUES(ANSAContractLifts[SiteName])),
ANSAContractLifts[SiteName],", "))&" and more…", CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(VALUES(ANSAContractLifts[SiteName]),
ANSAContractLifts[SiteName],", ")) )

Does anyone have any idea on what I can do with the tooltip measure, if that is the issue? I would really like to keep it if possible, as the Postcode by itself as a tooltip is not very useful. With the Site Name the tooltip is a LOT more useful

Cheers for all help

Naz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansa_naz,

Based on my test, when we check the value in Funnel chart to filter data in map, the measure placed in Map visual Tooltips property will not stop filtering. In my test, the above map contains measure in Tooltips property while the below map doesn't have. Please refer to screeshots below:

q1.PNGq2.PNGq3.PNG

In your scenario, please take a look at my tested .PBIX file then compare it with yours to find where is the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansa_naz,

Based on my test, when we check the value in Funnel chart to filter data in map, the measure placed in Map visual Tooltips property will not stop filtering. In my test, the above map contains measure in Tooltips property while the below map doesn't have. Please refer to screeshots below:

q1.PNGq2.PNGq3.PNG

In your scenario, please take a look at my tested .PBIX file then compare it with yours to find where is the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.