Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a legend to Clustered Bar Chart is causing rendering issues

Hi,

Adding a legend to a Clustered Bar Chart is causing rendering issues.

Behaviour before adding the legend:

Before Legend.png

Sidebar before Legend.png

Behaviour after adding the legend:

After Legend.png

Sidebar after Legend.png

Notice how the bar widths have shrunk and are mis-aligned with the y axis. Is this a known bug, or am I just missing something?

I am using the November 7th Release of Power BI Desktop and I have changed the dimensions of the page to: 850x1280 pixels.

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Anonymous, no it's not a bug and you didn't miss anything - the gaps are caused by blank values at the intersection of axis and legend dimensions.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the chart type to stacked column chart or stacked bar chart from the clustered chart. That solved the gap issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, anyone please explain how to solve this misalignment issues while adding the legends.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the chart type to stacked column chart or stacked bar chart from the clustered chart. That solved the gap issue.

DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Anonymous, no it's not a bug and you didn't miss anything - the gaps are caused by blank values at the intersection of axis and legend dimensions.

Sorry for a late bump - but how do you go around this issue? I am not sure how to remove the gaps. I sort of understand that the blank values are values with no data but how do you stop the visual from cross joining all the values in legend?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.