Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JorgeLuizMS
Regular Visitor

Adding a day to a data column

Good afternoon people.

I have the following table.

JorgeLuizMS_1-1624200530446.png

I need to do a job that displays the routes the driver took on each trip. My orders are all placed on the same date, so I'm going to have to create a "fake" delivery date column.

Each trip of mine carries several orders, in the example above, trip 20440 carried 5 orders. I need to create a column that gives the column one day for each order in the trip, limiting the total number of deliveries on that trip, this "counter" would be based on the order number to indicate which would be the first delivery and which would be the last.

So in the case of trip 20440. The first delivery would be for 2809 (smallest order) and the last would be 2814 (largest order)

JorgeLuizMS_2-1624200541134.png

I need to create a column that has the following logic

SIMULATED DELIVERY DATE = ADD DELIVERY POSITION (BASED ON ORDER NUMBER) IN DAYS TO DT_ORDER DATE FIELD) SALE

That would be the result

JorgeLuizMS_3-1624200560632.png

I need the result to be in a calculated column, or done in Power Query, because I need to use this result as an axis.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this in DAX or M?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JorgeLuizMS add following column using DAX:

Est. Delivery Date = 
VAR __rank =  RANKX ( FILTER ( ALL ( Trip ), Trip[Trip] = EARLIER ( Trip[Trip] ) ),Trip[Order] , , ASC )
RETURN
Trip[Date] + __rank

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JorgeLuizMS add following column using DAX:

Est. Delivery Date = 
VAR __rank =  RANKX ( FILTER ( ALL ( Trip ), Trip[Trip] = EARLIER ( Trip[Trip] ) ),Trip[Order] , , ASC )
RETURN
Trip[Date] + __rank

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.