Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a Hierarchy on Filter Pane

Hello,

I want to place a hierarchy filter in the Filters pane on Power BI, but I am cannot.

I can create a hierarchy slicer on the report, but I'd like to place the filter on the Filters pane instead. Is this possible?

I would need to filter out blank values from the name in the hierarchy.

Saraalawamleh_0-1638192023640.png

This is an example. I want to filter out the lines with red cross. I cannot use one column from the hierarchy because I might filter out a record that I need in another drill down. The hierarchy I have is a bit inconsistent, and I need to find a way to work around it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was able to find a solution.

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuxONjCl1A 

There is also a comment, where someone is explaining how to do it for multiple levels.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was able to find a solution.

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuxONjCl1A 

There is also a comment, where someone is explaining how to do it for multiple levels.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , after you added all the levels in the slicer, use a visual level filter to remove blank values. Check for values not is blank.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amit,

Even if my value is blank, sometimes I would need to keep the row. If there is a name for this row, I need to keep it even if the value is blank.

@Anonymous , then you can use the measure as filter from the fact or facts and check for non blank

Countrows(fact1)+ countrows(fact2)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @amitchandak,

thanks. Its still not solving my problem. I need to filter on the hierarchy column itself or figure out a way where I can filter using the hierarchy colunm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.