Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Weeks to a Month column ?

Hello,

I would like to :  be able to drill down this chart to Month (below) with the weeks associated.

111.PNG
But my issue is : How can i import the weeks information ? 

I have all the information regarding month and weeks on my table.
But, i only imported the Month : I have filtered only the month so the weeks (S01, S02...S48...) are not there

112.PNGzefzeffzefez.PNG

Initally, i only had column "Date" "Mois" and "Mois_Majuscule" but i added the last 3 columns to make a correlation with weeks

113.PNG

How can i add the weeks information so my Drill Down function with Month and Weeks work ?

Mathieu

3 REPLIES 3
PhillipB
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous 

When you are in PowerQuery you can select the date column you have and use the Add Column menu, Date Options and select "Week of year"

With this new column you can place this under your month on the x-axis and use it for the drill down.

Weeknr.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I onlt have weeks from 1 to 45 which so it don't work

azaaaaa.PNG

Probably because there is only the first of each month at the colum Month ?

azz.PNG

Hi @Anonymous 

If you use the Debut_Semaine column to make the week numbers then you should get what you need. 

The other option is you can create a calendar table:

Calendar = CALENDAR(FIRSTDATE([Debut_Semaine]),TODAY())
Then use these dates to create week numbers in the new calendar table and then create a relationship between this date to get the weeknumbers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.