Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

micklowe
Frequent Visitor

Adding Up Tickets Per Day

Hi All,

I have a CSV datasource of support tickets, I want to create measures to add up opened and closed tickets per day but struggling a bit. I have tried just using counts on the field but all i get is a total of all tickets in the data.

I have created a date table then tried adding various measures in there but same result, I tried linking the "date created" field to the date table but that mad it worse.

Anyone know how I can do this please?

Thanks

Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @micklowe ,

If the [status] is a column in the 'Ticket' table, you could add the [status] to the filter condition.

For example:

close = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[updated_at].[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])&&'Tickets'[status] = 5))

If it's something else, please share more information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @micklowe ,

You will need to create two measures.

open = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ticket]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[open]<=SELECTEDVALUE('calendar'[date])&&'Table'[close]>SELECTEDVALUE('calendar'[date])))

close = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ticket]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[close]<=SELECTEDVALUE('calendar'[date])))

Capture.PNG

If I misunderstand your requirement, please show some sample data and expected result.

Best Regards,

Jay

Hi Jay,

I have moved on to a live data feed now and there is a slight change in the way i think it needs to work. I have a created date which should give me tickets opened on a specific day but the closed one is a bit more complicated in that I need to check the ticket status = 5 along with the updated date field.

These are the measures currently but the numbers aren't coming out correctly:

open = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[created_at]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[Date])&&'Tickets'[updated_at]>SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])))

close = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[updated_at]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])))

Thanks

Mick

Hi @micklowe ,

Better to share some sample data and describe your logic. For example, you said "give me tickets opened on a specific day". Does it mean you only want to calculate the count of ticket which open date = a specific day? If I have two tickets, ticket1 with open date 10/1/2021 and close date 10/3/2021, ticket2 with open date 10/2/2021 and colse date 10/3/2021. Then the count of open ticket for 10/2/2021 is 1? The same with close tickets and need to check if status = 5?

Best Regards,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Not sure how to get the data out as its coming from an API.

I have changed the measures today and the open one now looks correct:

open = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[created_at].[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[Date])&&'Tickets'[updated_at]>SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])))

The closed one needs to filter on two variables, the updated_at column and another column called "status" which I only need to add up where this equals "5":
close = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[updated_at].[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])))

Thanks

Mick

Hi @micklowe ,

If the [status] is a column in the 'Ticket' table, you could add the [status] to the filter condition.

For example:

close = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[id]),FILTER(ALL('Tickets'),'Tickets'[updated_at].[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Dates'[date])&&'Tickets'[status] = 5))

If it's something else, please share more information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Thanks Jay, this almost gives me what I want, the numbers aren't an exact match to what I was expecting but thats down to the data not the query 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@micklowe ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

But this blog should help, on the similar topic

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.