Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slounsbury
Helper II
Helper II

Adding Units To Calculated Column

This is probalby a super easy solutions to this but after trying several different methods from the forum I couldn't get it to work. I have several columns that I need to either have time units added to them (ie. Hour, Day, Minute).

Here is an example of one of my columns that needs to have the "Days" unit added:

ART = ABS(DATEDIFF(v_rpt_Service_SLA[Date_Responded_UTC], v_rpt_Service_SLA[ART_ST],HOUR))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am not sure this is what you expect ....Please let me know if you need something else  🙂

Adding & "Days" at the end of your formula will solve the problem.

ART = ABS(DATEDIFF(v_rpt_Service_SLA[Date_Responded_UTC], v_rpt_Service_SLA[ART_ST],HOUR)) & "Days"

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Could you please make the question clear ?  OR Can you please post some details / sample with what do you have and what do you expect?

Thanks
Raj

Of course, I have all three of these columns of which the last one I created through a DATEDIFF calculation as shown above. Currently It looks like this:

Date_Responded_UTCART_START
11/6/17 8:00 PM11/7/17 8:00 PM1
11/7/17 8:00 PM11/11/17 8:00 PM4

I am wanting it to look like this:

Date_Responded_UTCART_START
11/6/17 8:00 PM11/7/17 8:00 PM1 Days
11/7/17 8:00 PM11/11/17 8:00 PM4 Days
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am not sure this is what you expect ....Please let me know if you need something else  🙂

Adding & "Days" at the end of your formula will solve the problem.

ART = ABS(DATEDIFF(v_rpt_Service_SLA[Date_Responded_UTC], v_rpt_Service_SLA[ART_ST],HOUR)) & "Days"

Thanks

Raj

Thank you @Anonymous, This worked great! I had been trying to place the & "Date" inside the parenthesis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.