Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

darrennhg
Frequent Visitor

Adding Newer Data to Already Built Report

Hi Guys, 

So I've built a report as a tester for my manager that has a set of dates from 14th-20th of January. However now I've been given a list of the same report with different dates that I'm going to be receiving weekly. Will it be possible to link this folder where the reports are saved and have them refresh every time a new report is added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @darrennhg,

Did you mean your table stored multiple date fields that will be updated weekly?
If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you save these weekly files in the same folder to use the folder connector to get data.

Power Query Folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

Then you can add a custom column and nested 'unpivot columns' function to extract and convert these date fields to attribute(date) and value(status) to simply merge multiple files.

Unpivot columns - Power Query | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

yes i think it is possible.

it depends on the format of the file you receive.

But without some sample data it's difficult for me to help you

14/01/202215/01/202216/01/202217/01/202218/01/202219/01/202220/01/2022
3SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccess
55SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessWarningSuccess
13SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccess
7SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccess-
4SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccess-
54SuccessSuccessFailedSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccess

Lets say this is the set of data for this week and then the next set of data from the 21st - 27th was a success with no fails or warnings.

HI @darrennhg,

Did you mean your table stored multiple date fields that will be updated weekly?
If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you save these weekly files in the same folder to use the folder connector to get data.

Power Query Folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

Then you can add a custom column and nested 'unpivot columns' function to extract and convert these date fields to attribute(date) and value(status) to simply merge multiple files.

Unpivot columns - Power Query | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.