Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Measure Is Duplicating Data

I have a dataset with a list of characteristics for colleges. I am trying to set up a visual that will allow me to filter the dataset based on a few metrics, but my measures are causing the data to look funny. For example, I have a simple table that allows me to toggle between private and public schools and their associated tech ratings.

EDD Pic 1.PNG

My issue is when I add the below measure, it doesn't matter which campus type I select, the table always displays all schools.

Tech Rating Ranking % = 
VAR _rnk =
    MINX (
        FILTER (
            SELECTCOLUMNS (
                ALLSELECTED ( 'Space Profile EDD' ),
                "Index", 'Space Profile EDD'[School Systems.Campusname],
                "Rank", RANKX ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Space Profile EDD' ), 'Space Profile EDD'[Tech Rating],, DESC, SKIP )
            ),
            [Index] = MAX ( 'Space Profile EDD'[School Systems.Campusname] )
        ),
        [Rank]
    )
VAR _all =
    CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( VALUES ( 'Space Profile EDD'[School Systems.Campusname] ) ), ALLSELECTED ( 'Space Profile EDD' ) )
RETURN
    IF ( _all = 1, 1, DIVIDE ( _rnk - 1, _all - 1) )

EDD Pic 2.PNG

How can I fix this so that I'm able to filter and still have the table include the measure?

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if there's any relationship between slicer and table visual and if interactions between slicer and table visual is active.

Otherwise, please share some sample data or your PBIX to me if you don't have any Confidential Information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.