Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brennum
Frequent Visitor

Adding Average Point on a cluster bar chart

I am creating a cluster bar chart utilizing a custom table to drive the clusters in the Axis and a measure using a switch to drive which measure is behind each cluster.  I am looking to add an average line or diamond(Excel), last image attached, but running into the can't create an average measure on a measure.   

I am also attaching images of my PowerBI graph and its parameters.   

GraphRate is a single column table that has a label for each of the Clusters.  SentYYYYMM is the date driving each bar in the cluster.   GraphDM is the measure that switches the measure used based on the value in GraphRate column.   I can put an Average line but it averages across all clusters and not to each cluster.  Any help greatley appreciated.PBIGraph.JPG

PBIGraphMeasure.JPG

SueGraph1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brennum,

Perhaps you can switch to the line and clustered column chart and write a measure to show the summarize point on the top of the clustered bar. (setting the filter on the current x-axis group to prevent power bi link these points)

If you confused about the coding formula, please share some dummy data and paste it here with table format then we can simply copy them to test.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@brennum sorry not sure I can do anything with these details. Good luck. If you cannot put a sample data together to get help, not sure how I can assist. Sorry about that. I hope someone else can take a look and get you over the line. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Appreciate the offer hopefully someone else has been here.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@brennum  what DAX measure you are using for average? Provide sample pbix file with expected output might be an easier way to provide a solution for this. Share thru one drive/google drive.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi,

Due to size and sensitivity of the data, I can't share the PBIX.   

The Axis is controlled by a tableGraphRates.JPG

The legend is a text field from a header table that has a date converted to YYYYMM.

In Values is a Measure that is set to the value of another measure based on measure Graph1m.  Graph1m has following logic:  

Graph1M = max(GraphRates[GraphRate])

GraphDM = SWITCH(
TRUE()
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Un-Deliverable Rate"), [RateUndeliverable%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Deliverable Rate"), [RateDeliverable%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Invite Click Thru Rate"), [RateInviteClickThru%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Survey Click Thru Rate"), [RateSurveyClickThru%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Non-Response Rate"), [RateNonResponse%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Survey Response Rate"), [RateResponse%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Complete Rate"), [RateContactCompleteQ%]
,CONTAINSSTRING([Graph1M],"Partial Rate"), [RateContactPartialCompleteQ%]

So a cluster grouping is set to a measure value across YYYYMM.   What I am looking to do is set an average for each cluster potentially adding a trend line across each cluster.  The Analytics tab allows you to set min,max,media, average, percentile, constant but that is for the entire graph.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.