Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Append Query to beginning of Applied Steps in Query Editor

Hello,

I have two tables I am trying to append (Transaction Log and Transaction Log History). Their original states have the exact same columns and column names. The only different between the tables is that Transaction Log has the last 30 days of transactions while Transaction Log History has every transaction prior to the last 30 days. Transaction Log already has a large number of applied steps, such as, renaming columns, changing types, and removing columns. I am trying to find a way to append Transaction Log History to Transaction Log and have the append query step occur at the beginning of my applied steps (i.e. prior to all of the renaming/changing/removing/etc.).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hello @Anonymous ,

If i understood your post correctly, you are looking to add an append step at the beginning of your other steps, Probably post navigation, You should select a step from your applied steps and hit append queries option from Menu, powerbi will ask if you want to insert step, just click insert and it should add append query in the beginning.

Thank you,

Washivale

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hello @Anonymous ,

If i understood your post correctly, you are looking to add an append step at the beginning of your other steps, Probably post navigation, You should select a step from your applied steps and hit append queries option from Menu, powerbi will ask if you want to insert step, just click insert and it should add append query in the beginning.

Thank you,

Washivale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.