Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TatyDo
Helper III
Helper III

Added Columns not found in the Query

Hallo Everyone,

I have SQL DB

I have created 4 new Columns in a data table. However I can not find these new Columns when I go to Edit query. 

Is there a way a round that? somehow to include them as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TatyDo 

If you added the column in SQL DB, when you refresh the datasource in desktop, it should be displaying as normal.

Here's similar post could be your reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Column-not-showing/td-p/374480 

If you added the calculated column in model view, please note that any column that you "Add" ( as a formula) , does not appear in "Edit Query"

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TatyDo 

If you added the column in SQL DB, when you refresh the datasource in desktop, it should be displaying as normal.

Here's similar post could be your reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Column-not-showing/td-p/374480 

If you added the calculated column in model view, please note that any column that you "Add" ( as a formula) , does not appear in "Edit Query"

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Check your Source step to see if there is a clause limiting the number of columns.  Some connectors auto populate that based on first time connection to source.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat  Thank you for your answer. I checked the advanced editor and I do not see any column restriction 

Source = Sql.Databases("........."),

NS = Source{[Name="NS"]}[Data],

NPO = NS{[Schema="NS",Item="PO"]}[Data],

Are you using a SQL script in the Advanced window of the SQL connector that limits the fields?  I don't do much with SQL beyond that so will be out of ideas if not.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

@mahoneypat  Could you expalin to me how can I find out? 

I mean to find out I am  using a SQL script in the Advanced window of the SQL connector that limits the fields.

You would have added that SQL script, so that is probably not it.  If you click on the gear icon for the Source step and then expand the Advanced Options window.

Regards,

Pat

@mahoneypat  no nothing was added to edited there. 

@amitchandak  Thank you for your reply. 

I was refering when I add a column to the table section in power BI. I want to see if it is possibl to see it in the Query. 

I was refering to the 2020-05-19 15_23_40-Presentation1 - PowerPoint.jpg

@TatyDo , I doubt you can. You will see what you got from DB and Created there in Edit Query

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.