Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add to date (workdays (so exclude Sat & Sun), and exclude bank hols))

I have a simple table that is capturing holday bookings. I have the start date (&time) of the booking and the number of days & hours for each booking. When the days booked is greater than 1 day I need to calculate the end date (working day).

I have a separate table in the model with the bank holidays (Date & HolidayName) if needed. This is soooo easy in excel.

I know simlar questions have been asked but none seem to address this simple challenge.

Any Help would be Truly Appreciated (note data below is samlple not real)

AdruanTunley_0-1619532631969.png

Rgds  Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

According to your description, the returned value has three cases:

(1)If the value of 'Table'[WholeDays] is less than 1 , the End date can be blank;

(2)If the result of 'Table'[Start Date] +'Table'[WholeDays]+ 'Table'[HoursPlus] is this weeks weekend or next weeks working day, then the date will be postponed 2 days later .Because you said you need calculate the end date (working day).

(3)If the result of 'Table'[Start Date] +'Table'[WholeDays]+ 'Table'[HoursPlus] is this weeks working day , return the result directly .

I create a measure that may meet your needs :

End Date =

var _backdays=WEEKDAY(MAX('Table'[Start Date]),2)

var _backdays2=_backdays+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])

var _EndDate=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Start Date])+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[HoursPlus])

return IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])<1,BLANK(),IF(_backdays2<6,_EndDate,_EndDate+2))

The effect is as shown:

Ailsa-msft_0-1619687592877.png

Notice : The data type of 'Table'[HoursPlus] must be Time

I have attached my pbix file, you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

According to your description, the returned value has three cases:

(1)If the value of 'Table'[WholeDays] is less than 1 , the End date can be blank;

(2)If the result of 'Table'[Start Date] +'Table'[WholeDays]+ 'Table'[HoursPlus] is this weeks weekend or next weeks working day, then the date will be postponed 2 days later .Because you said you need calculate the end date (working day).

(3)If the result of 'Table'[Start Date] +'Table'[WholeDays]+ 'Table'[HoursPlus] is this weeks working day , return the result directly .

I create a measure that may meet your needs :

End Date =

var _backdays=WEEKDAY(MAX('Table'[Start Date]),2)

var _backdays2=_backdays+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])

var _EndDate=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Start Date])+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])+SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[HoursPlus])

return IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[WholeDays])<1,BLANK(),IF(_backdays2<6,_EndDate,_EndDate+2))

The effect is as shown:

Ailsa-msft_0-1619687592877.png

Notice : The data type of 'Table'[HoursPlus] must be Time

I have attached my pbix file, you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I have a file where I have used the date table to calculate workdays. This should be the same as your table with holiday marked

refer if the file attached after signature can help , check 2nd page /work day

I also created a video on same -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv4wT8_P-AA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the video refers to calculating date difference which is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to add days to a date (exluding Sat, Sun, & Public Holidays).  Do you have something more specif to adding days to a date?

Thx Adrian

PREVIEW

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.