Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add the date and time when a record was added

Hi, I want to add a date and time when a new record is added to Power BI. My source is from Excel, and I don't have that column in my data source.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you solved this problem?

If not, I suggest you to add time column in your datasource, otherwise time function will change the whole column I think.

-

If yes, could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution (or kindly share your solution ). so the others can find it more quickly.
really appreciate!
Any question, please let me know. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaotang  

I have not solved the problem. Is the only option to add a date(time) to the data source?

Regards,

Hi @Anonymous 

yes, coz the function will change the whole column.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , see if DateTime.FixedLocalNow() can help. Add this as new column in power query

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Thanks for your reply!
DateTime.FixedLocalNow() gives the exact date-time value for all the rows. When I inserted a new record to the source and refresh it again, The DateTime value changes for all the rows again, not only for the newly inserted rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.