Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add target value to other table

Hi guys,

I have following source table:

IDUSER_ID# ORD
1U15
2U110
3U15
4U250
5U31

Then I also have additional table with target values:

USER_IDTarget
U125
U250

What I'd like to do is following:

USER_IDSUM ORDTarget
U12025
U25150

Could you please advise me how to add target value (for each USER_ID) to my visualisation (based on source table data).

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

So if the USER_ID does not exist in Source table, it can be also understanded as the max(lastest) USER_ID in additional table, right? If so, you can create a new USER_ID column in Source table using DAX below:

New USER_ID = IF('Source Table'[USER_ID] = RELATED('Additional Table'[USER_ID]), RELATED('Additional Table'[USER_ID]), MAX('Additional Table'[USER_ID]))

2.PNG  

Then you can create a measure based on the new USER_ID column to achieve the total result.

SUM #ORD = CALCULATE(SUM('Source Table'[# ORD]), ALLEXCEPT('Source Table', 'Source Table'[New USER_ID]))

1.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

So if the USER_ID does not exist in Source table, it can be also understanded as the max(lastest) USER_ID in additional table, right? If so, you can create a new USER_ID column in Source table using DAX below:

New USER_ID = IF('Source Table'[USER_ID] = RELATED('Additional Table'[USER_ID]), RELATED('Additional Table'[USER_ID]), MAX('Additional Table'[USER_ID]))

2.PNG  

Then you can create a measure based on the new USER_ID column to achieve the total result.

SUM #ORD = CALCULATE(SUM('Source Table'[# ORD]), ALLEXCEPT('Source Table', 'Source Table'[New USER_ID]))

1.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

If I understand correct you should just add relationship between tables, then add to visual fields USER_ID, Sum of #ORD and average (or max, or min, whatever) Target

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you're right. That's the easiest solution. But what can happen is that I have in target table USER1, USER2, but in source table records for USER1, USER2, USER3, USER4. Then if I use USER_ID from source table, relation doesn't work correctly and if I take it from target, it works, but shows only USER1, USER2 and rest is shown as blank.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

For your example from start post it will look like this

Снимок2.PNG

Снимок.PNG

you have no target for U3 in target table, so, you have a blank target in visual

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous  Could you please confirm - how your final expected has 51 for USER_ID U2. Is it you are adding U2 and U3 data ? If yes, what is your SUM ORD field logic....

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Target values are defined by me (hardcoded). Of course, in reality I have much more USERs.

SUM ORD is basic calculation of values from source table (column # ORD) = In souce table we have 5 records, 3 out of them for U1, so SUM of column '# ORD' is 5+10+5 = 20.

thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors