Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magpie_Rob
Helper I
Helper I

Add tables to a published data set - Composite Models

Hello, 

I have built a self-serve model and users are connecting to it and building reports! great. I now have a user case where users want to connect to the model and add a couple of their own tables.

Open pbi.desktop get data -> power bi datasets -> connect to the relative model which will import the model and relationships. 

from there the user would like to add another table from SQL service but all the buttons are greyed out. 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

When I try to do this it works fine and nothing is greyed out. The users  have the same power bi service permissions (workspace admin).

Magpie_Rob_0-1623848921511.png

Any ideas would be great appreciated. 

Thanks 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Magpie_Rob
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak  yes he was on the latest version,

If I open a new pbix connect to the model and add one table to make a composite model save it and send it to him he can now add other tables to that model strange but it works as a workaround. 

Thanks 

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Magpie_Rob
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak  yes he was on the latest version,

If I open a new pbix connect to the model and add one table to make a composite model save it and send it to him he can now add other tables to that model strange but it works as a workaround. 

Thanks 

Rob

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Magpie_Rob , can you check another user is on the latest version of power bi desktop.

Second on his/her desktop check with your login, if that works , that means issue with his/her access

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.