Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add % symbol to values

I have a column of values such as 0.00, 20.60, 100, 53.48. I want to change the formatting of the values so that they are 0.00%, 20.60%, 100%, 53.48%.

However, when I try to convert to a percentage the values are always converted into: 0%, 2060%, 10000%, 5348%. I have tried to convert to a percentage format within the field properties, the modeling tab, and in the query editor with no luck. It will always convert into a percentage in the thousands.

How can I add the % to a column of values that are already a percentage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It may be that the simpilest answer to this, is to create a custom column, dividing the column you with to convert to a percentage by 100 and then formatting that as a percentage.

You can then hide the original column in your model so that it isnt used by accident.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It may be that the simpilest answer to this, is to create a custom column, dividing the column you with to convert to a percentage by 100 and then formatting that as a percentage.

You can then hide the original column in your model so that it isnt used by accident.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

The original column with the percentage values was filtered so that it would show the average percentage. Unfortunately, I was not able to create a new calculated column from the original column (because it used the average filter). I had to recreate the average filter, and then use the steps you mentioned.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.