Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

XaviOV
Helper V
Helper V

Add rows to a column based on other columns

Hello

When I import an Excel database, which contains multiple columns, I would like to know how you could add the header title of a column to multiple rows in a column

Best regards

Xavi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all, @Ashish_Mathur @v-eachen-msft @amitchandak 

The problem is resolved, in Power Query Editor I did "Append Queries New" and resolved it 🙂

Regards for the answers!!

Xavi

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Hello @amitchandak apologies for the lack of additional information.
What I would like to do is that the data that appears in the "User" column transfer them to the "Answers" column, and the word "User" was in the "Question" column, the ID column has different values and groups the questions.

Greetings and thanks in advance.

12223.png

Hi @XaviOV ,

What I would like to do is that the data that appears in the "User" column transfer them to the "Answers" column

Do you mean to combine these two columns or not? For better understanding, you could show your expected results whose ID in Excel is AAATCAAD and show it here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello, @v-eachen-msft @amitchandak 

What I really want is to combine those two columns so that the "Name" field appears once for each ID.
Attachment captures the Excel file for a better understanding, if you need more contributions do not hesitate to ask me.

Before:

ExcelFile2.png

After:

ExcelFile1.png

Regards,

Xavi

Hi @XaviOV ,

It is difficult to achieve your needs with DAX, I recommend that you could do it in query editor.

Unpivot "Usuario" column and append with orginal table as a new table.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello @amitchandak @v-eachen-msft

What I want is to effectively combine those two columns so that the "Name" field for each ID appears once.

Attached capture of Excel file for greater understanding, if you need more input do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards

Xavi

Before:

ExcelFile2.png

After:

ExcelFile1.png

Hi,

Your data and question are just not clear.  Paste data in the body of the message and show the expected result clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi all, @Ashish_Mathur @v-eachen-msft @amitchandak 

The problem is resolved, in Power Query Editor I did "Append Queries New" and resolved it 🙂

Regards for the answers!!

Xavi

Hello @amitchandak

The Report tab, I have an array where in Columns the data of the Column "Question" is and I would like to add "User found in the other column.
In Rows is the ID column and in Values I have the data for each "Question.

Greetings and thanks!

Example of how I'd like to see it.

51651.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.