Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JDU
Helper I
Helper I

Add rows and replicate formulas automatically

I can't add rows and have the formulas automatically copied from the calculated columns.

For example, the yellow area of the image below are rows correctly added but do not copy the formula of the rows above.

I need to add new data month by month and the idea is to have an automated report.
Thanks for the help.

Captura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JDU ,

According to my test, after the data is appended, the calculated column will still be filled.

Please check whether your filter conditions of the calculated column will affect the output of the results after data appended.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JDU
Helper I
Helper I

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to respond.
I'll try to explain better:
1. I have a database from January 2020 which I imported into Power Bi and on which I have multiple dax formulas and calculated columns.
2. Additionally, I have a second Excel database which is from February 2020 and is identical to the January database.
3. What I need to do is add or combine the February data to the January data and have Power Bi automatically perform the same calculations.
4. This is very important for me since I have to add new information every month and I need to have an automated report.
5. On the other hand, I need to have a dashboard with the information of all months in the same report, so the option of having a template is not useful for me since it does not allow me to combine in a single file.

I hope I explained it well!

Hi @JDU ,

According to my test, after the data is appended, the calculated column will still be filled.

Please check whether your filter conditions of the calculated column will affect the output of the results after data appended.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JDU ,

Your DAX formula should be wrong.

Could you please share sample pbix through cloud service like OneDrive for Business?(Please mask any sensitive data before uploading)

Best Regards,
Liang

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This seems very confusing.

Is this in Power BI

There are no "formulas" in the cells of a power BI column.

You can have a "calculated column" that looks like a formula, but the calculation runs for all rows automatically.

If you would like to do a screen share and work thru this, send me an email with a good date and time: 

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!