Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sumsar
Helper II
Helper II

Add result of one table to specific row of another

Hi,

A simplified example of what I need. I have these 2 tables:

Table 1:

Column 1   Column 2

Line 1         20

Line 2         30

Line 3         10

SUM(Column 2) = 60

Table 2:

Column 1   Column 2

Line A         10

Line B         5

Line C         15

Now I need to add the total sum of table 1 to Line C of table 2 to be able to display a power bi table as follows:

Power BI Table:

Column 1   Column 2

Line A         10

Line B         5

Line C         75 (15 + 60)

So the final report lines share names with the ones in table 2.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sumsar Don't know what you are trying to achieve here but this will work, add a measure

Measure = 
SUM ( Table2[Column2] )
+
IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Table2[Column1] ) = "Line C", SUM( Table1[Column2] ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Sumsar 

Try the below DAX measure.

Val = 
var selectedVal= SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column2])
var selectedLine= SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column1])
var _sum= SUM(Table1[Column2])+selectedVal
var result= SWITCH(selectedLine,"LineC",_sum,selectedVal)
return result

Capture.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

@parry2kcan't believe I did not think of this myself, but beautiful solution never the less, thanks 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sumsar Don't know what you are trying to achieve here but this will work, add a measure

Measure = 
SUM ( Table2[Column2] )
+
IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( Table2[Column1] ) = "Line C", SUM( Table1[Column2] ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.