Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amnd

Add new data source for the same graphics and reports

I am working on a PBIX with one Excel file as my data source. I have all the graphics and reports I need but now I am receiving a new file to add to my PBIX.

For exmple: I have an Excel file of America's sales which is my data source for PBIX, but now I am receiving Europe's sales in another excel file and I have to add that data to my original PBIX. I can't copy and paste "Europe's sales" data to "America's sales" file. The format of both excel files is the same, I just want to add the new data to my original PBIX and that the graphics and reports show the new data.

Is there a simple way to do that?

1 REPLY 1
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@amnd,

If you'd like to add the data as a new table and have both in your report, just use "Get Data" again and select your new file.

To change the data source and replace all US data with Europe data, click "Edit Queries," then "Data source settings," and change to the new Excel file.

z.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.