Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ValentinBIA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Add missing line

Good morning Power BI Community !

I'm fairly new to Power BI, and I have an issue that I could not fix by myself, even after searching for other threads with similar problems.

I have my dataset with a customer ID, and for each customer ID, there are 4 months displayed (from 4 to 7). For each of those months, per customer, I want to know what is the number of rentals. The issue I'm having currently is that whenever a customer did not do any rental for one month, nothing is displayed. and I would like to have 4 lines per customer ID, one for each month, with the value 0 on the monthly_no_rentals columns if there was no rental this month.

Can you help me with that ?

Thank you very much

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prihana
Helper V
Helper V

My suggestion is to import the data in such way. 

E.g. Create a qry / Maintain another table with all the values (customer and four months with the zero value) and merge it with the table which has data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prihana
Helper V
Helper V

My suggestion is to import the data in such way. 

E.g. Create a qry / Maintain another table with all the values (customer and four months with the zero value) and merge it with the table which has data.

Thank you for your answer !

I did what you told me to, but when I merge, I get 4 rows per customer, multiplied by the number of active months...

Show me a sample of the format you want your data

Actually, I finally managed to have what I was looking for, thanks to your instructions and a few more google searches.

But now I'm struggling to fill in the "null" lines, since I cannot use fill up nor fill down (both would give me wrong values), and I don't really know what to do next.

I'm currently trying using an index and some formula to only fill down if the value on the id column is the same as the value on the id column but one row above.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Maybe you can help too ?

Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.