Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add link back to data source

The report I am currently working on is bringing in data from a SharePoint site. One of the columns is "Project Title". What I am trying to do is create a link from the "Project Title" values in the Power BI table back to the corresponding item in the SharePoint list. Is this possible? Thank you in advance for any help or advice. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I use this in nearly all my reports so people can go back to the source. I'm not sure how sharepoint works as I use  salesforce but I just create a new column and have the base URL mixed with the unquie ID.

This then directs users to a specific record in salesforce

link.PNG

Hope it works out for you

Rob 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would work perfectly, but the URL for the SharePoint item does not include the project title and there isn't any discernable pattern to the URLs.

Shawn_Fitz
Frequent Visitor

Depending on how you are trying to link them,

You could try by naming the columns you want to link from both of your sources the same name,

and in the edit queries page and append the two tables.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure you understood what I am trying to do. I want to be able to click on a value in the "Project Title" column and have it open the corresponding item in the SharePoint list which is the data source for the Power BI report. I am not trying to link two tables within Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.