Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add extra column header to table

Hi,

I want to achieve something like this below

MysticAj_0-1613056292072.png

Sales Qty, Status, etc are all the fields in a table that I want to display. However, for some of the columns I want to add an extra header like in this case for Profit. Is there a way around?

6 REPLIES 6
EAybar
Regular Visitor

Hi,  Is there any news for this simple need? please let us know? (adding a header  without using drill down functionality )

PKP277
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get an answer? I am trying to find something similar.

PKP277_0-1689885480481.png

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As far as I know there's no such feature. Each column can only have one column header.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

As per my understanding you can't add a header  without using drill down functionality in a matrix and in a table that wont be possible. Either you have to create an additional hierarchy and then have to use that in drill down  

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous Not very clear but have you tried using a drill down based on column with a matrix ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jaideepnema  I actually do not want a drill down. It is just a static additional header. Like for ex I may want to mention a formula for Profit in the second header . My actual fields are different and complex - I want to add second headers and include some description what that field means so that consumers of the report have clarity about what that field is. 

Drill down in Matrix may work if I have a hierarchy but there is no hierarchy involved for my use case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.