Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add columns to the report based on user selection

i have a senorio like have 2 pages in a report and 1st page contains filters and 2nd page has report output. Kindly referer the images.

in 1st page have additonal columns like Date and Product and al i want is , if the user applies filters and before clicking on report button user wants to see the extra column other than output colun like Date on report page based on user click. 

So kindly advice me on this. Thanks in advance.

i am unable to upload the screenshot with dummy data also due to restrctions.

4 REPLIES 4
savitaj123

Do we now have this functionality supported in Power BI?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What are the restrictions? I have no idea without the snapshots. Could you please upload it to a could drive and share the download link here? Please also share the file if it's convenient.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

what i am looking here is, i have 2 pages in a report 1st contains like slicers and additional columns like showing below

Front end pageFront end page

Once the user applies the filter and the report output will come like below

report output without additional columnsreport output without additional columns

Now i am looking like after applied filters if user wants to see report output with an additional columns like below

report output with additional columnreport output with additional columnn

i am just explaining my senorio with dummy data. So kindly help me on this ... im my requirement i have 5 additional columns and user can seelet either one or multiple to see on the report. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly, you'd like to add a field to a visual by clicking the filter or something. If so, I'm afraid this isn't available for now.

The Workaround could be using buttons and bookmarks to change the status of the report page. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-buttons and power-bi/desktop-bookmarks.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.