Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

scooby1380

Add column to existing table from dynamics 365

Hi Folks,

i have several tables in my dataset from Dyanmics 365.  I though any new fields added in dynamics would appear in Power BI after i refreshed the query, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

can someone advise if this is expected behaviour and if it is how do you add 1 column from the existing dataset?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @scooby1380,

You can refresh the data in Power BI dekstop and publish it again. For more details, please check the online document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicscrm-2016/administering-dynamics-365/dn708...

refresh.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @scooby1380,

Did you turn this option on in Power query?

refres.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

managed to figure out the issue.

i had used the option of Choosing specific columns previoulsly, when i then removed that aoolied step and refreshed the new fields were available.

thanks for your input

scott

Hi Frank,

yes this option is selected.

thanks

scott

Hi Frank,

thanks for the response, however as per my post refreshing doesnt appear to bring in any newly added fields from dynamics 365

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.