Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlbertoCastany
Advocate I
Advocate I

Add button disabled in App Source

After updating to the April 2022 version of PBD, I'm unable to add more visuals.

When accessing the AppSource and selecting the visual I'd like to add, the Add button appears disabled. At one point there was a tooltip indicating it was trying to log me in.

I tried signing out and signing back in. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Power Bi without success.

Is there something I am missing? I

AlbertoCastany_0-1651079219455.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlbertoCastany
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm not sure how this was solved, but after a few seconds, the Add button gets enabled.

AlbertoCastany_0-1651181914856.png

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AlbertoCastany
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm not sure how this was solved, but after a few seconds, the Add button gets enabled.

AlbertoCastany_0-1651181914856.png

Same here, feels like a universal blip 😄. Good to see it back in action.

I've got the same issues here too since my last update. It's actually tiring when one can't add a visual directly from the app

Casingena
Frequent Visitor

I've noticed this recently too. I was wondering if Microsoft had implemented an admin center setting that restricts the appsource, but it wouldn't make sense, as you could previously get visuals from the appsource without Power BI Desktop being signed in. That tool tip to say you're being signed in on the add button is something I saw too. Which makes me think that you need to be signed in to check to see if you are allowed to get visuals from the appsource based on your org settings. Not ideal...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, can login manually and download from the webpage and import the downloaded file but thats really inconvenient.

Yes. That's the workaround on the meantime.

SBAV01
Frequent Visitor

Same issue as many other.

It seems to work for me in the Browser so to get around it temporarily while making a report in the desktop app I published it, opened it in the browser, started editing, added my desired visual, downloaded, then opened again in Desktop with the visual now added.

arpitag
Regular Visitor

I am also facing same issue.  Any solution ?

osafwat
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem. my version is Power Bi Desktop(يناير2022) RS

Dan_Hill
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Looks to be disabled on all the visuals. 

riverlander
Regular Visitor

Same issue here 😐

runholz
Regular Visitor

Same issue here....

brianh
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  The add button in the AppSource is disabled for everything.

Same for me but only in my ordinary Power BI desktop.

If I try the same in a Microsoft MOC Lab, it works fine... weird

KDM_HOSS
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Was working fine yesterday.

Reporting same issue.

cgrimes
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the exact same issue, the report I am using already has three custom visuals, and is more than a year old. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.