Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Avivek
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Add another legend in the clustered column chart

I have a column chart which has Used/Shared which is a calculated column and count of tag id as the column values and it appears as shown below.

Capture.PNG

Now I want to add another series to the column after used and shared, as projection which is a new measure.

And it should look as below image.

Capture1.PNG

The another series to be added to the column which is shown in green in the above image. I tried to add the measure but I just couldn't. Is there a logic I am missing. Can anyone please help me out here.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Avivek - I did something like this once. Used a stacked column chart. I think I had to do some math to get it to come out right. Will depend on your data. Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Avivek 

When you drag a filed into Legend of the visual, you could only put one measure into Values. 

so for your case, you could try this way as below:

Step1:

Create two measure instead of draging [Used/Shared] and [Tag ID] into visual.

Shared = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Table'[Tag ID]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Used/Shared]="Shared"))

Used = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Table'[Tag ID]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Used/Shared]="Used"))

and now you could drag these two measure and another new measure into Values, do not drag a filed into Legend.

This will work for your case. 

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Avivek 

When you drag a filed into Legend of the visual, you could only put one measure into Values. 

so for your case, you could try this way as below:

Step1:

Create two measure instead of draging [Used/Shared] and [Tag ID] into visual.

Shared = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Table'[Tag ID]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Used/Shared]="Shared"))

Used = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Table'[Tag ID]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Used/Shared]="Used"))

and now you could drag these two measure and another new measure into Values, do not drag a filed into Legend.

This will work for your case. 

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Avivek - I did something like this once. Used a stacked column chart. I think I had to do some math to get it to come out right. Will depend on your data. Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Avivek , I doubt that is possible.

But. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

See if that can combined in series and shown

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.