Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gwendaline_p
Helper I
Helper I

Add a rank next to a bar graphic ?

Hi everyone !

I have a bar graphic with entity sorted by number of emails sent :Power BI Desktop_#Ticket Rank on a bar graph.PNG

I choose to reduce the visualisation : only the first 5 entity are visible (by default) and the user has to use the scroll bar to see the next one.

My question : is it possible to add a rank number next to the name of the entity to avoid the user to count the rank for each entity.

Here is what the wanted result looks like for the 5 first entity and for entity number 5 to 9 :

Power BI Desktop_#Ticket Rank on a bar graph Example1.PNGPower BI Desktop_#Ticket Rank on a bar graph Example2.PNG

Thanks a lot for your help !

Kind regards ,

Gwendaline

5 REPLIES 5
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

1. If u have rank in column we can do.

2. If u have rank in measure we can't do at run time calculation, because we can't use measure as dimension.

Suggestion.

Why not u show them Rank in Tooltip.

I don't have the rank in a column because the rank can change according to filters used.

I'm new in PowerBI. Is it possible to calculate the rank according to filters and, as you suggested, to show this rank in ToolTip ?

Thanks ,

Gwendaline

Hi @Gwendaline_p,

Have you tried the solution provided by Baskar above? You should be able to use the RANK.EQ Function (DAX) to create the measure to get the rank value and show it in ToolTip in your scenario.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi ,

I will try your solution and keep you update.

Thanks for your help.

Gwendaline

1. Ya we can create Rank according filter as Measure not Column.

2.  once u create Rank , then use that in Tool tip. so in mouse over they get the rank number .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.