Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a new value to an existing group

Hi all, 

I have a dynamic database (new entries every day) connected to power bi. I grouped values from one column. To group my values, I clicked on the variable I want to group, and picked "New Group".

I grouped my variable such as:

Var_A     Grouped_A

1105      G1

1106      G2

1107      G3

1205      G1

1206      G2

1207      G3

1305      G1

1306      G2

1303 will be added soon, and I'd like to add it to group3, but I can't add values to my existing group.

Anyone knows how to do that? Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
Brandaris
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

I've the same challenge.

Removing an item from a group is simple, but to add an item to an existing group seems to be impossible.

I cannot find an EDIT button or something. Is it a hidden  key, or is it perhaps necessary to choose a preview feature?

I'm afraid it will be very simple, but what.......?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Greetings,

Hans

Hi @Brandaris,

It's very easy but not obvious.

You simply highlight the ungrouped value(s) on the left, then highlight the group on the right, and then click 'Group'. The ungrouped value(s) will be added to the group.

If a new group is created instead,  then it's because a group wasn't selected in the right-hand pane.

I do agree, an 'Edit' button would be much clearer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Simon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Afr,

In the 'Edit Groups' menu, you'll have to select the value 1303 AND also the group you want it to go in to.
So now by pressing the "Group" button, value 1303 will be put in group G3.

If you only select the ungrouped value 1303 and you press the "Group" button, you'll make a new group.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,

D.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with this exact issue. I have looked around online, Youtube, and through the guided learning sectionsand have not found a solution yet. 

Is this something that simply cannot be done yet? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, 

it's actually really simple : you only need to click "Edit Group" and select the group where you want to add the new value. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.