Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnnaFenton
Frequent Visitor

Add a new data column on the data source.

After I finish the report visulisation, if I need to add a new column with new data on the data source, the report will have error - "column 1 is not found" etc. 

If I need to add some columns on the data source after the report view is completed, do I have to re-create a new report from scratch based on new data source? It happens a lot that I need to add new columns with new data on the data source. 

Many thanks

Anna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AnnaFenton,

Based on previous updates I have made on my reports, the adding of columns doesn't give any errors, I have similar errors to your when deleting columns from, the models and in that case since it may be referenced in anothr queries, calculated columns or measures this gives the error you mentioned.

Are you adding data only or also removing other columns that are cross referenced in your model?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AnnaFenton,

Based on previous updates I have made on my reports, the adding of columns doesn't give any errors, I have similar errors to your when deleting columns from, the models and in that case since it may be referenced in anothr queries, calculated columns or measures this gives the error you mentioned.

Are you adding data only or also removing other columns that are cross referenced in your model?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.