Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jfernand
Frequent Visitor

Add a new column to a summarized table

Hi, I'm struggling with an apparent simple problem. I have a summarized table "SA" that comes from a table "A" that has all the below columns except the highlighted one "Net Capacity".

The Net Capacity column comes from a table "B" and I'm able to include it in my report. 

Table "SA" 's objective is to be a "global" table, not impacted by filters but since "Net Capacity" comes from table "B" it is affected by filters. 

Problem: I want to be able to summarize "Net Capacity" from table "B" into my summarized table "SA" below so that it isn't impacted by filters. I have tried using different combinations of CALCULATE, SUMX, among other things but I didn't have any luck so far 😕

I appreciate your feedback

1. without filter

image.png

2. with filter, notice how Net Capacity changes while "Total Utilizable Hours" remains the same
image.png

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@jfernand not sure if i quite understand what you asking, but if you want any measure to be static in the face of filter context you need to use the all statement

ie

totalcapacityall = calculate(sum(totalcapacity), all(tablename))

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi vanessa,

sorry, I'm not that great at explaining what I need and even worse in Power BI 🙂

I have tried the solution you gave me but couldn't get the result I wanted unfortunately. see below. 

image.png
Formula used:

Net Capacity 2 Col = CALCULATE(
    SUM(ahsresschedule[Net Capacity]);
    ALL(ahsresschedule[Net Capacity])
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.