Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIWhat
Helper I
Helper I

Add a line break to the title of a visual

Hi Everyone,

I have a number of KPI visuals where I want the title to include a line break so that when I wrap text, the subtitle is on another line.

I have a number of these KPI boxes showing the same stat but they are filtered by region. I want the title to display Region and then the definition of the stat on a separate line.

As an example:

England

Month to date sales daily run rate

But I can't seem to add a line break after the region, so I end up with:

England Month to date

sales daily run rate

Which looks horrible and looks worse because each region is a different length of characters. Is there a way to add the line breaks? I tried adding a load of spaces but that didn't work.

Thanks in Advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

You can try to create a measure to store the title with a line break, apply it for title conditional format and disable 'Word wrap' option:

Title = "England 
Month to date sales daily run rate"

title.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
spham1215
Frequent Visitor

I was able to find a Unicode character that isn't filtered out in the visual title text box. 

If you add a space after your title then add as many (ㅤ) characters as necessary to push the title box to the next line.

The character is called a Hangul Filler (U+3164).

fyi, once u publish it to the web all or these Hangul Fillers will vanish. Amazing work microsoft

What a find!  Make sure to test across browsers.  Power BI Service does not guarantee pixel perfect rendering.

wac1ldy
Frequent Visitor

Don't forget to take WordWrap OFF for whatever your using.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

You can try to create a measure to store the title with a line break, apply it for title conditional format and disable 'Word wrap' option:

Title = "England 
Month to date sales daily run rate"

title.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Problem with this solution for me is it does not expand the title area and thus title text goes over plot.

screenshot.png

Great. Is there a way to make region dynamic? Adding the field to the measure

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I played a bit with UNICHAR() but none of the usual suspects seem to work. Feels like the Power BI team does some severe filtering on the strings that are sent to the title renderer.  Might be worth to raise this as an idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.