Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Let
Frequent Visitor

Add a custom total column (custom query), with "See records" option

Hi,

I want a matrix like this in my dashboard, but I can't figure out how to achieve it.

|   XXX   |   YYY   |   ZZZ
----------------------------------------
Total   |   832   |   438   |   255
----------------------------------------

For the column XXX, the equivalent query in Excel would be: COUNTIF(AX = Complete and AY = Done)

Any ideas?

My first try:

Screenshot_1.png

With this code, my table has a new column named Total Stats, and tells if the current row is XXX, YYY or ZZZ. The matrix visualization does all the rest.

The only problem of this is that a row can't be XXX and YYY the same time, however, I need it to be so (I want a row to be considered as XXX and YYY for example).

My second try:

Screenshot_2.png

I created a new static table using #table(...) with 3 columns XXX, YYY and ZZZ and then display it in the dashboard.

The only problem of this one is the unability to right-click a cell to see the matching records (this is a required feature):

Screenshot_3.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Let

To get your expected result, you must have records like: 

Total   XXX   832
Total   YYY   438
Total   ZZZ   255

in your source table. 

So you may add a Total column first, then unpivot it to make this Total column appended as rows. 

Regards,

DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Let, you may want to consider unpivoting your source table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.