Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a animated gif to powerbi

Hi Its a sales drive and I have developed a leaderboard.

I am wanting to add some animated gifs of champagne bottles but cannot figure out how to get them to animate ive added them but they just seem a static image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think there is an option to add an animated gif on Power BI Desktop currently. 

Based on my test, you should be able to add an animate gif by adding it as Web Content on a Dashboard in Power BI Service. Smiley Happy

gif1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think there is an option to add an animated gif on Power BI Desktop currently. 

Based on my test, you should be able to add an animate gif by adding it as Web Content on a Dashboard in Power BI Service. Smiley Happy

gif1.PNG

Regards

Sorry, old topic but at Data Insights I learned that GIFs could be added to a report by using the plot area of an empty chart.  Just add one value to the axis of a Line chart visualization and hide the title.  A workaround clearly but it works. 

Do you have any examples you could share please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an example of how to do this. Thanks @Markcgraff for the idea.

Step 1: Add line chart to report. Add a single column to the line chart

LineChart.png

Step 2:Change the plot area in the formatting tab to your .gif image. Set transparency to 0%. Hide the title

formatting settings.png

Step 3: Resize the visual so the entire gif shows. It should now show the animated .gif

gif.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what I needed😌

This is the bees knees. This is exactly what I was after. I wanted to insert a really quick gif to guide new users on my landing page.

You are a legend.

Thanks

Chris.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to use the gifs transparency?

Not sure you can add GIFs specifically, but you can add video. Have you tried adding the GIFs as video? Cna't test myself due to restrictions.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-add-a-widget-to-a-dashboard/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.